A circular saw is a powerful machine which uses a blade or abrasive or toothed disc to cut a wide range of materials using a rotating motion. Small circular saws are very useful to do the small works in our homes and offices by ourselves. These are mostly wireless and a variety of factors like blade type, cutting depths, type of materials, base type, speed etc. must be noted before going for one.
List of Best Small Circular Saws in 2022
10. Makita Cordless Circular Saw Kit
The Makita’s Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw delivers speed and power for a range of cutting applications. The package has 12V CXT Lithium-Ion batteries of slide style for providing balance and an LED which indicated charge level.
- The motor delivers a speed of 1,500 RPM for faster cutting
- Weighs only 3.5 pounds
- 3-3/8″ blade for maximum cutting depth of 1 inch
- Cutting depth can be adjusted from 1 inch to 90 degrees and 5/8 inch at 45 degree
- Base which can be tilted – 0 degree – 45 degree- for bevel cuts
- Cuts MDF, plywood, pegboard, melamine, particle board, drywall and more
9. Makita Circular Saw Kit
The Cordless 3-3/8 inch circular saw a kit of Makita has an effective 1,400 RPM motor which offers fast cutting of MDF, Plywood, Pegboard, Particleboard, Drywall, Melamine and more. It has a soft grip for the comfort of holding. The lithium-ion batteries provide lower self-discharge and longer run time.
- The motor delivers 1,400 RPM speed
- 1″ cutting capacity is delivered by the 3-3/8″ blade
- cutting depth adjustable from 5/8″ at 45° and 1″ at 90°
- Tilting base from 0° – 45° for bevel cuts
- Simple design at only 3.3 lbs. for easy operation
- Has a built-in dust blower
8. PORTER-CABLE Cutting Saw Blade
This 120-tooth cutting saw by Porter Cable is a powerful machine which can be used for our home needs as well as outdoor needs. The steel blade offers a clean and fast cutting of veneers, plywood, thin plastics and other materials.
- Extended blade life
- Cuts plywood, veneers, thin plastics etc.
- Suitable for 9314 Trim Saws and Porter-Cable 314
- Reduces the need for final finishing by giving a clean cut
- Compactable for saws requiring 4-1/2 inch blade with 3/8 inch arbor hole
7. WORX ZipSnip Cutting Tool
The ZipSnip Cordless Electric Cutter of WORX is a handy and lightweight tool that will make you no longer need scissors. Even though it is very small and can fit in a utility drawer it does all the tough jobs that knives and scissors can’t handle. It has 4V MaxLithium batteries which can keep the machine running for months.
- 4V Lithium-Ion battery providing long working hours
- LED indicator for indicating charge
- A precise cut is offered by the self-sharpening blade
- Increased safety – Lock-out switch in conjunction with the trigger
- A soft grip handle for comfort
- Lightweight for balance and easy control (only 1 lb.)
6. BLACK+DECKER Circular Saw
The BLACK+DECKER’s BDCCS20B Circular saw is designed with a powerful and efficient high torque motor. The main two features of this saw are a beveled adjustment and a tool-free depth of cut. The tool needs a 20V MAX Lithium Ion battery which needs to be bought separately.
- 5-1/2-Inch blade for fast cutting a variety of cuts
- Tool-free cut for convenient depth adjustments
- Bevel adjustment
- Compact and simple design for easy use
- Needs 20V MAX lithium ion battery System
5. DEWALT Lightweight Circular Saw
The DWE575SB Circular Saw of DeWalt is a lightweight one with an electric brake. It is one of the well balanced and lightest saws with 8.8 pounds. The electric brake is provided to stop the blade after the release of the trigger. The on-board blade type of wrench storage offers easy storage & easy changing of blades. The kit includes a carrying case for portability
- Has ball bearing lower guard – durable design and prevents dust contamination
- Easy and convenient for use
- High grade aluminum shoe – smooth and durable base for exact cutting
- Patented tough cord protection – 3x durability
- Compact and lightweight (8.8-Pound)
4. DEWALT Cordless Circular Saw
The DeWalt’s DC390 Circular Saw is a 18V cordless tool apt for use while building dormers, kitchen cabinets, bookcases and what not. It uses a 6-1/2 inch blade which is carbide tipped for 2x cutting capacity at 45 and 90 degrees. Increased durability is provided by the magnesium shoe and upper guard of high strength
- Suitable for softwood, hardwood, particle board, plywood, oriented-strand board, and any other sheet.
- Motor of 3,700 RPM for faster cross cuts and rip cuts
- Carbide tipped blade for two times faster-cutting experience
- bevel capacity of 0-50 degrees
- Maximum power and durability by fan-cooled motor (replaceable brushes)
3. Dremel Saw-Max Tool Kit
The Dremel’s Saw-Max toolkit has a well-equipped set of accessories for the users to tackle a variety of projects which involves cutting – such as installing wainscoting, building bookshelves, cutting holes in drywall or flooring, fitting home gutters & other tasks. The kit includes cutting wheels, a dust port adapter and a cutting guide. The tool offers a cut depth than a rotary tool and gives 3x the power.
- A cutting system for materials like wood, metal, plastic, tile, and masonry
- A powerful motor 6-amp for hard applications
- Durability and power provided by the worm driving gearing
- Dust extraction port to keep the workplace neat
- Second-wheel position – flush cutting
2. Rockwell Circular Saw
Rockwell’s RK3440K a multi-functional, powerful, ultra-compact circular saw which can cut plastic, wood, flooring, ceramic tile, aluminum, slate, and even sheet metal. Its streamlined and lightweight design make it easy to use with one hand.
- 4.0 amp ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts materials like tile, wood, plastics, sheet metal, flooring, and more
- Ergonomic design and slim grip handle – more comfort and control
- Built-in laser helps for perfect alignment and cut
- Pivoting metal guard – easy & safe plunge cuts
1. WORX WCompact Circular Saw
The Circular saw of WORX is a portable and powerful tool for DIY works in and around your house and workplace. The thin blade offers less strain and finished cut.
- Cuts 2×4’s in a single pass
- Has thin blade – more speed and performance
- 0-45-degree bevel settings
- Cutline visibility is provided by the blade design (left-sided)
A list of top ten cutting saws has been selected and given above for the easy buying of customers. Depending on the type of work, materials to be worked on and the budget you can select the best among the ten.
There are a variety of circular cutting saws available in the market. The type of saw you need depends mainly on the work that needs to be done. For heavy work, you need heavy performance saws and for small works in homes and workplaces, the small handy ones are more efficient.