Buying toys for kids is no easy task. Not only is there a variety of toys available, but you also need to keep in mind what kind of toys would appeal to kids as well as what the gender of the kid is. There are some toys, however, that you can never go wrong with and are gender neutral. You guessed it – these toys are scooters. To make the decision of your purchase easier, we have compiled a list of the top ten best scooters for kids in 2019.
Table of Content
- Check Out: Best Scooters for Kids in 2019
- 10. Razor A Kick Scooter
- 9. Razor A5 Lux Scooter
- 8. Micro Kickboard Mini Scooter
- 7. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
- 6. Razor A2 Kick Scooter
- 5. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-Bar
- 4. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
- 3. Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Kick Scooter
- 2. Fuzion Cityglide Adult Kick Scooter
- 1. OxGord Deluxe Black 3 Kids Scooter
Check Out: Best Scooters for Kids in 2019
10. Razor A Kick Scooter
The redeeming quality of this scooter is that it is very sleek and lightweight, which means that riding it or carrying it around will not take too much effort.
• Fender break at the rear
• Foam grip handlebars
• Lightweight material
• Can be driven on all surfaces
• Comes with a fender brake
• Might not fold correctly
9. Razor A5 Lux Scooter
Once you have this scooter in your hands, you will realize how smooth its folding and unfolding is. The best part about it is the smooth ride that its large tires ensure.
• It is foldable
• Aircraft-grade aluminum deck and t-tube
• Rear fender brake
• Adjustable handlebars
• The large wheels ensure a smooth ride
• Easy to fold and carry
• Steering might get stuck and become difficult to maneuver
8. Micro Kickboard Mini Scooter
The Micro Kickboard series has a unique and funky design that is ideal for smaller kids. This scooter has three wheels instead of two with the two wheels being at the front. This makes a safer scooter than others in which one runs the risk of falling and injuring themselves.
• Fiberglass wheels for smooth rides
• Safe design minimizes injuries
• Comes with a brake
• The scooter makes no sound when being driven
• Wheels do not leave marks
• The brake stops working after being used for some time
7. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter
The Razor Jr. Scooter comes in vibrant colors and is meant for smaller children. It has three wheels in total, two at the back and one at the front, which provides stability. It will last a long time if it isn’t used too roughly.
• Vibrant and colorful design
• Very durable
• Has a low deck
• Frame is made of welded steel
• The low deck of the scooter enables you to ride easily
• Not very sturdy and can tip over if too much weight is put on it
6. Razor A2 Kick Scooter
It is also made of aircraft-grade aluminum and is safe for children aged 5 years and above. It is easily foldable, requires no assembly, and has handlebars that can be adjusted according to your child’s needs.
• Can be folded easily
• Fender brake at the rear
• Made of aircraft-grade aluminum
• Shock absorber makes scooting safer
• It is portable because of its foldability
• The ride on this scooter is very bumpy
5. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-Bar
This scooter is available in a bunch of vibrant colors that would definitely be attractive to kids. It uses the lean-to-steer feature to improve maneuverability. It is meant for kids aged 5 to 12.
• Employs lean-to-steer technology
• Smooth ride over all sorts of pavements
• Made with durable material
• The scooter is quite resilient
• Its parts can easily be bought and replaced
• It develops a rattling sound a while after use
4. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
This Radio Flyer scooter is meant for kids who are really young and are getting their first scooter. To make it safe and user-friendly, this scooter has three wheels – two in the front and one in the back. The maximum weight of the user can be 50 pounds.
• User-friendly design
• Tapered base
• The deck is very wide
• The three wheels ensure maximum stability
• Maneuvering this scooter is not easy
3. Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Kick Scooter
The Razor Jr. Scooter is, as the name suggests, built for smaller children. It has three wheels to make its use easier. It also comes in bright colors and a design which is appealing to kids.
• Slip-resistant, firm grip handles
• Compact due to foldability
• Easy assembly
• The design ensures minimum injuries
• Can easily be carried or stored
• It can easily be tipped over, which is dangerous for younger kids
2. Fuzion Cityglide Adult Kick Scooter
There are not many scooters in the market that can rival the sharp look of the Fuzion Cityglide scooter. It is built for slightly older kids. It is also foldable and extremely light and has telescope handlebar and large wheels.
• Large break at the rear
• Adjustable handlebars
• Simple folding system
• The telescope handlebar can be adjusted according to your kids’ heights
• It also has large wheels which ensure smooth sailing
• The pin that ensures foldability may break after a while
1. OxGord Deluxe Black 3 Kids Scooter
The OxGord Deluxe Black 3 is a scooter in a class of its own. It is a three-wheel scooter, with two wheels in the front and one in the back, and is built with the intention of being used for many years. It is made of high-grade products like metal and nylon composites. It can also be folded and carried around without any difficulty.
• Comes with a rear brake
• Easily foldable
• Made of aluminum and steel alloy
• Adjustable handlebars
• It is very durable and easily portable
• The wheels are designed to minimize vibrations and ensure a smooth ride
• The plastic used to make the deck is considered cheap by some
There is no shortage of scooters available in the market, but it is necessary to buy ones that are the best in order to satisfy your kid. Each scooter in this list is better than the many others that can be bought. All you need to do is keep in mind the age of the kid you are buying the scooter for as well as what features you want in the scooter.